"Network" refers to the Cerba Lancet Africa representation in Africa including:
- Lancet Laboratories Eswatini Lancet Laboratories Eswatini (Pty) Ltd
- Lancet Laboratories Gabon
- Lancet Laboratories Ghana trading as MDS-Lancet Laboratories Ghana LTD
- Pathologists Lancet Kenya
- Lancet Laboratories Mozambique trading as Lancet Laboratórios Moçambique Lda
- Clina Lancet Laboratories Nigeria trading as Clina Lancet Laboratories Nigeria
- Lancet Laboratories Rwanda Lancet trading as Laboratories Rwanda LTD
- Lancet Laboratories Tanzania trading as Lancet Laboratories Tanzania LTD
- Lancet Laboratories Uganda trading as Lancet Laboratories Uganda LTD
- Lancet Laboratories Zambia trading as Lancet Laboratories Zambia
- Lancet Laboratories Zimbabwe trading as Lancet Clinical Laboratories, Zimbabwe
Cerba Lancet Africa, whose registered office is in Stanley Studio, 39 Stanley Ave., Milpark, Johannesburg, 2092, South Africa, processes your personal data in the context of the management of this website, in accordance with the current legislation.
This policy, which is accessible on our website, provides you with information on how your personal data is processed by Cerba Lancet Africa and its network. It is updated regularly to consider legislative and regulatory developments, as well as any changes in the processing carried out by Cerba Lancet Africa and its network.
This policy was updated on August 9th, 2022.
What are our commitments?
We are committed to complying with the applicable regulations for all processing of personal data that we carry out. Thus, we are committed to the following principles:
- We process your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- We collect your personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and not in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- We ensure that your personal data are adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- We make our best efforts to ensure that your personal data are accurate, and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step will be taken to ensure that inaccurate data, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- We ensure that your personal data are kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- We guarantee that your personal data are processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of said data.
These principles manifest as follows :
- We respect your privacy;
- We ensure that the protection and setcurity of your personal data is our primary concern;
- We do not use your personal data for purposes that have not been brought to your attention;
- We do not consider that your personal data should be stored indefinitely;
- We do not sell your personal data to third parties;
- We work with trusted partners who offer sufficient guarantees regarding the implementation of technical and organisational measures so that our processing operations meet the requirements of the regulations in force;
- We respect your rights as a data subject and will do our best to respond to your requests as soon as they are justified.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal directly from you via our website.
What personal data do we process and for how long?
We remind you that personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (the "data subject"), such as your first and last names, your postal address or health data.
We pledge to process only personal data that is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and to keep it only for as long as is necessary for those purposes.
The categories of personal data we process are the following:
|Processing activities||Legal Basis||Type of personal data||Active database|
|Management of the website (management of contacts and requests)||Consent, Legitimate interest||Connection data and logs, contact management data (name, surname, phone number, email, etc.)||3 years from the last contact
6 months for connection logs
Who can access your personal data?
Your data will only be communicated, where applicable, to the following recipients:
- The authorised personnel of Cerba Lancet Africa and its network.
- Subcontractors, trusted service providers, particularly those responsible for IT
We make every effort to ensure that the number of such persons remains as limited as possible.
We only provide our trusted service providers with the information they strictly need to provide the service and they may not use your personal data for any other purpose.
We always make our best efforts to ensure that all our trusted service providers with whom we work maintain the security of your data.
We also ensure that, when our relationship with a trusted service provider comes to an end, that service provider deletes your personal data without delay.
We select our trusted service providers with great care, ensuring that they have sufficient guarantees, including expertise, reliability and resources, to implement technical and organisational measures to meet the requirements of applicable legislation, including security.
In this respect, we ensure that our trusted service providers process personal data only on our documented instructions. We also ensure that their staff are committed to confidentiality or are subject to an appropriate legal obligation of confidentiality.
What are your rights, as a data subject?
You have the right to access, rectify and delete your personal data, as well as the right to portability of your personal data and the right to limit the processing of such data.
You may exercise your rights
- either by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by post, to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: Cerba Lancet Africa - Data Protection Officer, Stanley Studio, 39 Stanley Ave., Milpark, Johannesburg, 2092, South Africa.
If, after contacting us, you feel that your rights have not been respected, or that this policy does not comply with data protection rules, you may submit a complaint to the Authorities Persons of the Information Regulator in South Africa: email@example.com - JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001. P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017.